Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pet Peeves - Mallory Thompson

Pet Peeves
by Mallory Thompson


It is in our human nature to have pet peeves. Everyone has at least one pet peeve. Me? I have at least 20. For example, noisy eaters. There is always that one person who eats really loud. Or the person that chomps their gum. That drives me crazy. How can you concentrate when someone is chewing their gum like they are trying to grind it to nothing? Also the people who take 20 napkins at lunch but only use one and throw the others away. Take only one or two!


Another of my pet peeves is annoying drivers. Those people who don’t use a turn signal, people who ignore yield signs, people who won’t turn right on red lights, people who text or use their phones while driving, jerks who take up two parking spaces, and people who think they need to drive 10 mph in a 30 mph zone. Also those people who think they need to inch forward slowly at red lights until the light turns green. Anyone annoyed yet?  


Oh, and those people who just do annoying things to make me mad! Imagine you are in the middle of taking a really important test and all of a sudden you can’t concentrate. Why? Because your neighbor is tapping their pencil, foot, or nails. When they notice that it is really driving you crazy, they give you this evil smile and keep doing it. I want to just reach over and snap that pencil in half.


I also get annoyed when people use profanity. There are other words you can use. I can’t walk down the hallway without hearing at least two cuss words. I have even heard 5 year olds talking like sailors on shore leave. Where do you think they hear that? From their parents or siblings who come home and don’t think anything about cussing in front of little kids. It is crazy how many people use cuss words as everyday conversation. People think I am crazy or lying when I say I’ve never said a cuss word. It’s not that hard not to cuss when it is not in my vocabulary.


Another thing that drives me crazy is when people read books out of order. Authors write series for a reason people! If you are going to take the time to read books, read them in order. If you have already read the book and someone else is reading it, do not tell them the ending. I can’t tell you how many times someone has told me the ending of a book.

Finally, girls who wear spankies as shorts. Sorry girls, spankies are NOT shorts. Why do some girls think its cool to wear spankies out in public? It’s not, trust me. It is pretty gross. I understand that you wear them for volleyball, cheerleading, or dance, but after those practices, there is a thing called shorts or sweats. It is not going to kill you to pull on a pair of shorts over them. Please please please girls show some decency and wear some pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment