Friday, January 16, 2015

Nail Polish Struggles - Mallory Thompson


Nail Polish Struggles
By Mallory Thompson


    I have loads of nail polish. I have had to switch nail polish cases four times until I now have a big enough case to keep them all in. Sometimes I do my nails at my friend Nicole's house. When I do, I take all my nail polish over in my giant bag, and it’s so heavy it digs into my arm. It is really awkward. I am panting when I get there even though it's only a block away from my house.  

    But the real struggle of nail polish is I can't do any cool designs on my own nails. When I go to the store sometimes I just have to buy a bottle of nail polish. All those colors...you can never have too many. (Or maybe you can if they start drying out before you use them, like mine.) I have so much nail polish, but the only things I can do on my own nails is paint them a solid color, french tips, or water marble. Sure water marble is cool, but I only have so much time. If you try to do anything remotely cool, it takes forever. It will take at least an hour. You also have to have time to let them dry. You just have to sit there and do nothing. Who has time for that? Mostly I just paint them one color or have Nicole do my nails with tiny designs that seem impossible. One time she did little penguins on my nails. She can do anything on nails; I’m convinced. To be able to do nails, you have to have a gift. I do not have that gift, but I am lucky I have a friend who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment