Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The pros and cons of Texas - Connor Reynolds


The pros and cons of the Texas
(in my opinion)
http://placeitonluckydan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/texas.jpg
Pro: Warm Weather
    This is the single most important reason why I like the south because in summer it’s hot, and in the winter it tends to stay nice outside. I completely hate the cold so Texas is the place I want to live.
Con: Sea Food
    I’m not a big fan of sea food or any fish related food. This is the worst part of Texas for me. However, they also have a lot of places to eat barbeque to help me replace the sea food.
Pro: Spencer
    My brother lives in Texas so if I lived there I would have someone near me that I could talk to, hangout and with and know.
Con: Soda or Coke not POP!
    The problem here is Texans don’t use the word “pop”, which  means I would have to reteach myself to say “soda”.
Pro: LSU
My favorite college team, LSU, is located in the neighboring state and I could go to their sport events easily.
Con: The word “y’all”
    There are certain words I dislike and then there are words like “y’all” that I just completely hate. If I moved to Texas I would have to get used to and deal with people saying “y’all” instead “you all” or “everyone”.
Pro: A Variety of Choices
    Texas is bigger and has more cities than Kansas. I plan to move to a city in Texas which would provide me with more places to eat and more interesting activities. However, I could just to move to Kansas City or Wichita and still get the city experience, but I like their saying, “Everything’s bigger in Texas.”
Con: Far from Family
    This is a pretty big con because I would be far away from all my family except my brother and traveling home for holidays would be long and tedious.
A Happy Medium
The only thing in Texas that I dislike (but also kind of like) is the southern accent. In one way I think it sounds cool, but it’s also rather difficult to understand and sometimes bugs me.


No comments:

Post a Comment