Friday, February 8, 2013

Ode to Peanut Butter

By Leyli Beims

Peanut Butter is my favorite thing in the entire world. I mean my favorite.  Yes, it’s even better than Christmas and love. Out of all of the months of the year, February is the best to write a blog expressing my absolute adoration for peanut butter. It’s Black History Month, which celebrates George Washington Carver (a.k.a. the most important man to ever exist ever), the man who invented the object of my affection. Also, Valentine’s Day is this month. Love, V-Day, peanut butter… it just makes sense. So, without further ado, here is my ode to peanut butter:

Oh,  my dearest peanut butter,

How do I explain my love for you?

You’re the only one for me, it’s true.

                                   

Your unique taste, your creamy texture,

You make my taste buds sing.

Of peanut products, you are truly king.

 

The bliss you provide

Cannot be measured.

Dearest, you’re positively treasured.

 

Alone or one of many ingredients,

Crunchy or creamy,

You are, simply put, dreamy.

 

You see, peanut butter,

I’d love you longer than forever if I could.

You just taste so darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment