Friday, February 8, 2013

My First Valentine

By Janae Champlin


     It all started out during a Jr. Dance practice in the fifth grade. I was talking to one of my friends when she told me that one of the boys in our grade liked me, which in middle school that was a big deal. So I had to ask who it was and she told me it was James M. In middle school when a boy liked you, that meant he wanted to ‘go out with you’ which was long form for being your boyfriend. So the next day at school James and I started ‘dating’.

          From what I remember we were together around February so of course the whole middle school was going crazy over Valentine’s Day. My friends asked me what I was going to get James. I really didn’t know what I was going to do so it took a lot of thought. On February 13th I took a cheesy bear that my sister got from her ex-boyfriend a few years back and some old Christmas candy and threw it in a bag. So on Valentine’s Day I threw the present in his locker and walked to the gym hoping that none of the teachers would see me. After the bell rang for all of us to go to class I went to my locker to grab my books. Once I opened it I was surprised with a chocolate rose and a red teddy bear. I was very excited and Valentine’s Day became my new favorite holiday.

 I loved that teddy bear with all my heart I took it everywhere. I even brought it on our plane trip to Arizona. I named it Jack and he sat with me the whole way.  Once we got off the plane I grabbed my bags and went outside. My mom asked me where Jack was and I looked everywhere then I noticed that I left the bear on the plane. I was crushed and imminently started crying. My heart was broken, but I soon got over it and had a wonderful vacation. That would have to be the best valentine experience I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment