Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jr. High to High School

By Janae Champlin


As a sophomore looking back at Jr. High, I see a big difference in my appearance, knowledge, and maturity. In Jr. High school it was like you were in your own little world. In seventh grade, you were the underdogs and the eighth graders were your role models (well, most of them). Then, when it was your turn to be an eighth grader, it felt like you were on top of the world. You had bigger privileges and thought you were the coolest kids on the block.

Then in the summer before freshmen year things started to change. I was outside more so I became very sun tanned and clear skinned. I had gotten contacts and the bulky black glasses were to only be worn at night from there on out. My style had changed and my personality became more outgoing. I started going to the high school youth group from our church and hanging out with the upperclassmen occasionally in the evening. That’s when it all changed for the better. I let my bangs grow back out and started wearing makeup. My whole appearance changed.

When I started my freshmen year, I decided to keep spending more time with the upperclassmen. This really taught me to act older and be more mature about situations. I realized that being with older friends made me feel more grown up (even though none of us acted like it). On occasion I would spend time with the girls in my class but as the months passed I grew farther away from them. Now that I’m a sophomore I have noticed that I need to get the girls in my grade more involved in my other friend groups so that they don’t have to miss out on all the fun.

            Though Jr. High was fun and exciting, I am much happier being in high school and being open to new experiences.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment