Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winter or Spring - Mallory Thompson

Winter or Spring?
By Mallory Thompson

From December 21st, to March 19th, it is winter. Spring doesn't start until March 19th. So why has the weather been so warm one day and super cold the next? My vision of winter is always cold and sometimes snowy. When the winter temperatures are in the 60s and 70s, I wonder what’s going on.


Winter should be below 40 degrees at least. Sure, I love warm days as much as the next person, but not during winter. Winter should be cold; summer should be hot. When we get warm weather it reminds me too much of summer. Then the temperatures drop back down and it seems even colder than before because I am so used to warm temperatures. In one week alone we can go from snowing to 70 degrees.


I go from sweaters and boots to shorts and t-shirts like it’s a normal thing to do. It is getting pretty annoying to sort through all my spring/summer clothes and my winter clothes on a daily basis. My closet is pretty small so I have all my winter clothes hanging up. My summer clothes are now just being thrown wherever for those few days every 3 weeks when I need them. I think we are going through a pattern. Winter for like 2 weeks, maybe some snow, then the next week, nice, sitting on my front porch weather. It’s on repeat.

Now I don't even take the time to scrape the snow off my car. I know it is going to melt off the next day so what’s the point? Mother Nature needs to decide what season it actually is and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment