Friday, March 9, 2012

Blake Woellhof's March Blog

Why I Hate Parent Teacher Conferences
            Twice a year, my mother attends Parent Teacher Conferences. She typically lets me know when she is going so she can talk to me about my grades when she returns. When she returns, we only talk about my “bad” grades. To my mother, “bad” grades consist of anything that is not an “A”. For some reason I always start to slack right before conferences, so I have one or two high B’s. For 10-15 minutes, my mom will only focus on my “bad” grades and remind me to bring up those grades. It really shouldn’t be a surprise what my grades are to my mom seeing is she checks them multiple times a week. Once my mom is done talking, my dad has to tap in as well. My dad hits me with the one-liners such as, “Get those grades up or I’m taking the keys your truck,” or, “Get your act together.”
            Not once throughout the conversation with my parents do they talk about my good grades. This is why I hate Parent Teacher Conferences.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment