Friday, March 9, 2012

Kadin Zimmerman's March Blog

Parent Teacher Conferences
            Two times every year the school hosts Parent Teacher Conferences. Ever since I was little I can remember my parents attending these meetings and coming home to talk to me about the good things the teachers had to say, as well as about the improvements that I could work on. I just assumed every parent went because I grew up with my parents going no matter what. However, now that I have gotten older, my views on Parent Teacher Conferences have changed slightly. From what I have observed, the parents who show up are the ones whose students do relatively well. Maybe the school should dedicate only one day for Parent Teacher Conferences, and the parents who don’t attend will get a phone call from the school. At a worst case they could even arrange a special meeting. Maybe if something like that were put into place, it would help some students’ grades?

No comments:

Post a Comment