Friday, March 9, 2012

Suzanne Carlgren's March Blog: Senioritis

Senioritis/Seniority
Most people would think that seniors begin getting Senioritis a month or two before graduation, but I found myself losing the will to go to school right after the girls’ tennis season ended. I realized that I only have National and State Government for my required classes and if I pass those then YAY…I graduate.
As an underclassman you’re sad when you see your upperclassmen friends go, but you are so excited for the coming years because you will finally be “that junior” or “that senior” but honestly when I became an upperclassman I could honestly care less about bossing underclassmen around. What bothered me about people still bothered me a couple years later. The only difference is that when you voice your opinion as an upperclassman, people seem to listen.
When I was a freshman, I was constantly being told that I was just and underclassman and that I had to do what upperclassman told me to do because, “It’s just how it works,” but now I am the upperclassman, and I DO NOT inflict seniority on a whim. Yes, I will tell you what to do but that is only if I think what you are doing can be done an easier way or is stupid or morally wrong.
However most of the time I don’t care what people are doing!  But lately I ‘m so sick and tired of high school and how people think that they have the god-given right to do or say whatever the heck they want to when they want to. 
HUMBLE YOURSELVES BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment