Tuesday, September 3, 2013

5 Reasons I Won't Own a Cat for a Long, Long Time Once I Leave Home

I like cats. I really do. I've lived with them my entire life, and that's part of the problem. When you live with a person for eighteen years you learn every little thing you don't like about them. It’s exactly the same with cats. The things you love about that person or animal quickly become the things that make you want to “accidentally” drown them. I kid, but there have definitely been days...

1. Cats don't understand food boundaries
This happens all the time. Breakfast cereal is theirs. Soup is theirs. Cheese is theirs. EVERY food is theirs. It doesn't matter where the food is. Cats will jump onto counters, beds, and tables to find anything they want and ruin it.

2. Cat hair
Oh Lord, the cat hair. It's everywhere. It gets on EVERYTHING. There hasn't been a day in my life that I haven't picked cat hair off of me. People judge you for it, too. Let me say it here: IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE CAT HAIR ON EVERYTHING I OWN. I didn't know cats could produce hair in such vast quantities. It never ends.

3. Vacuuming
You could vacuum every day and your house would still look as if it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. This ties in to Complaint #2.

4. Litter Boxes
Sure, it's nice that you don't have to take cats out to poop. However, this doesn't change the fact that you have a box of poop sitting somewhere in your house. In our case, we have two huge boxes of cat poop in our home. And let me tell you, no amount of Febreze will ever disguise the smell of cat poop.

5. Cat Vomit
There is nothing worse than stepping in cold cat vomit. Nothing.

Although I have these specific grievances with cats, I'm certain I will own a cat or two again someday. I just need a break; I can only take so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment