Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sumertime Sadness

Every spring, about two weeks before school gets out, most high schoolers begin planning out their "awesome" summer. Our expectations of summer can be deadly. We expect so much, assume that we will do it all. We make plans to take shopping trips, travel to Rome, become master quilters, and participate in all sorts of shenanigans (such as late-night skinny dipping). We make so many plans, all destined to fail.

I don’t know about you, but I always plan a great expedition with a group of my friends. Unfortunately our get-a-way trip never ends up happening. Just this summer, my friends and I planned a trip to Kansas City. We wanted to stay in a hotel (because we are old enough to reserve a room by ourselves), go shopping, and maybe even go to Worlds of Fun. Did that happen? NO.

I honestly believe the problem is Pinterest. You may ask why. Well, Pinterest is a website where you can post and see different ideas of events, your interests, or different hobbies. You follow fellow pinners, re-pin the things they pin, blah, blah, blah. The problem is you see all these cool things that you want to do, whether it is a craft, a cute outfit idea, a delicious-looking recipe, or a fun activity. We get so obsessed with doing all of this awesome stuff. So, yeah, I am blaming all of my summer failures on Pinterest. Hopefully Summer 2014 will break the chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment