Monday, September 9, 2013

This Years Tennis Write-off - Julie Gross

This year, tennis practice is as amazing as ever. There’s only one problem: it’s so hot outside on the tennis courts! I swear it’s at least ten degrees hotter when you’re standing on the courts. It always seems like the temperature begins to climb as soon as tennis starts. I had to go out to Wal-Mart to buy a new water jug because my half gallon one just wasn’t cutting it. I suppose part of that is because Allison Redmond always forgets to bring her own, and she puts on an innocent smile and says, “Hey Julie, can I have a drink of your water?”

Despite the unbearable heat, we still manage to have fun. Just last week Siri McGuire came back to watch us practice. We all miss her tons! Our team is super small this year. We only have ten people out, which isn’t even enough for a full team. I’m on varsity this year, though. Yay!
I‘m not a big fan of singles, so I play doubles. The game is just more exciting with a partner, and you get to go up to the net and smash the ball more. I’m not sure how our tennis team will turn out this year, but we have some pretty talented people out. Hopefully we can get someone to state. Danielle Timme almost went to state last year, and we all hope she makes it this year. Our next meet is this Saturday. I can’t wait, but I’m nervous at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment