Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Pros and Cons of my Sister Going to College - Mallory Thompson


The pros and cons of my sister going to college

 By Mallory Thompson

 

PROS

 

-I now have my own car.

          My sister’s car was passed down to me and since she is not taking it to college (partly because it wouldn’t make it out of town) she leaves it home for me.

 

-I have access to whatever in her room.

          Clothes, clothes and more clothes. I am lucky we are almost the same size. Everything she left behind, I now wear “secretly”. However, I Snapchat her everyday so she probably sees me wearing them. I also love to read. Before she left, I would hardly get to read her collection of books, and now I can take all the books I could ever want.

 

-No more fighting.

          Everyone fights with their siblings. We are just the same. Big fights or small fights, we have arguments. Now there is finally peace in the house.

 

-I get the house to myself.

          When my parents aren’t home, I have free range of the house. There’s not much you can do by yourself, but sometimes I just need my alone time.

 

-I get to go on road trips.

          Our friends want to go visit her in college, so I will probably get to tag along.

 

-I get to have a little knowledge about college life.

          I will see some of the things that go on in the dorms. I hear all kinds of stories about classes and extracurricular activities. It also prepares me for what’s coming.

 

-I get to be my own person.

Hopefully, I will stop being “Katie’s little sister”. I can have my own friends and make my own plans. I will not be compared to my sister as often.

 

 

 CONS

 

-I don’t have my own personal homework helper.

          You know when you have that one problem that you just can’t figure it out? What do you do? Go and ask your sibling for help. Now I will have to figure it out myself.

 

-I don’t have a free ride anymore.

          I used to be able to ask my sister for a ride if she wasn’t busy.

         

- I don’t have an outfit picker or a hair stylist.

          If you’re like me, you have no fashion sense at all. Also, I fail at doing hair.

 

- I won’t have her to bring me stuff.

          I used to forget my homework at home. My sister would bring it to me on her honors or lunch. Maybe now I’ll remember to bring it.

 

-I miss her.

Yes, I miss her. I wasn’t sure I would, but I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment