Friday, September 5, 2014

What NOT to Wear (Please) - Julie Gross




What NOT to Wear (Please)


By Julie Gross


For the ladies:


  1. Short shorts


          I mean it’s hot outside in the summer. I get it. We all want to wear shorts, but when cheek starts showing we have a problem. It’s not cute. I promise you it’s not. Plus it also creates a bad image and opens you up to criticism from other girls. Just wear shorts that are a decent length and everyone wins.


2. Leggings that are too thin


          Another pet peeve of mine. I totally understand that leggings are warm and comfy. They are basically stylish sweatpants; let’s be honest. But when I can see your underwear through them, it just ruins the whole look. (And if you aren’t wearing underwear…well let’s not even talk about that.)_ I spent freshman year in advisory with two girls who always wore leggings too tight and I had to see their underwear every day. Once again it’s just not cute.


3. See through/Low-cut shirts


          There is a very easy solution to both these problems. It’s called a cami. Not only does it cover up your chest it can add a cute pop of color! I love my camis because they always just add a little more to my outfits!




For the guys:


1. Socks and sandals


          I believe sandals were invented so you don’t have to wear socks. So I really don’t get why you wear socks with sandals, and it also makes you look like my grandpa.  Sorry that’s the truth.


2. Really cut-out cutoffs


          Cutoffs are meant for workouts not for school. Sure they are comfy but no one really wants to see your fuzzy armpits and sweat. Girls hate sweat. Just no.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment