Monday, January 18, 2016

Living with Wanderlust - By Allison Redmond


Living with Wanderlust
By Allison Redmond
wan·der·lust
noun
  1. a strong desire to travel.

I have always loved to travel. Whenever I have an opportunity to go on an adventure, I do everything in my power to make it happen. There is something special about going somewhere you have never been before. Adventure is all over, and I want to experience it all!! My travel bucket list is so long, I don’t even know if I will be able to accomplish it all before I die (but I’m going to try my best to get to them all).
Someday I would love to hike through Antelope Canyon in Arizona, climb the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru, view the Iguazu Falls in Argentina, and swim The Enchanted River in the Philippines. All of these places look beautiful in photos and would be even more incredible in person.
My struggle is that I want to do all of this RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, my schedule and my bank account do not share my wanderlust. Why was I not blessed with unlimited time and money to tour the world and see all the gorgeous sights that my heart desires? I long for an adventure. Nothing would please me more than buying a plane ticket to a random destination and just waiting to see where I end up.
Sadly, many of my traveling dreams are unrealistic, so I guess that for the next few years I am stuck googling pictures of gorgeous destinations and photoshopping myself into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment