Thursday, January 14, 2016

What I'd Do With One Billion Dollars! - Connor Reynolds

WHAT I’D DO WITH ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

By Connor Reynolds

            A big topic currently being discussed in American is the Powerball lottery. At 1.5 billion dollars it is bigger than ever before. Now, everyone has a different approach as to what they would do with that amount of money. Some people have ridiculous ideas while other have more logical ideas. I’m going to be in the middle and list both crazy ideas and more logical ones I have heard.

CRAZY IDEA #1:

Let’s say for example I went out to eat at a non-chain restaurant order food and wait. After a while I begin to notice that the service is very slow and my waiter has only brought out the drinks. Eventually, after waiting I get fed up with the service and I leave. Now here is where the crazy part comes in. First thing I would do is buy that restaurant. Then I would fire the waiter and have a laugh. End of story!

LOGICAL IDEA #1:

It would take 47.5 years to spend 1.5 billion dollars if you spent a dollar every second. THAT IS CRAZY! What is one person going to do with that much money? The first thing I would do would be to give a large sum of money to a charity or a few charities that I support. I would give money out to family and friends with stipulations attached. I would invest a lot of the money into companies I support or upcoming companies. I’d also save money so I wouldn’t go broke. End of story!

CRAZY IDEA #2:

Another crazy idea that is sort of a logical in the way. If I won, keeping it a secret would be the beginning of the plan. I would store the money at my house. Hide all the bills. Then, I would continue to go work, but one thing would change. At random times I would write a fake million dollar check to someone. They would never realize I have the money. Even if the cashed the check they wouldn’t be able to get the money either. It would be a silent victory in a comedic/ironic sense. End of story!

LOGICAL IDEA #2:

If I didn’t go with logical idea #1, I would use this method instead. I would invest my money into retail and buy multiple houses and apartment complexes. I’d have them fixed and would rent them out. This way if I wanted to I could make back all my money and more if I live long enough. I’d also buy a mansion but that’s more of a personal thing. Not any logic behind that idea. End of story.

These ideas are just a few crazy and logical ideas with some that were a mix of both that I’ve heard or invented. What would you do with 1.5 billion dollars?

No comments:

Post a Comment