Monday, November 7, 2011

Kadin Zimmerman's Tech Top Ten

Top Ten Tech Stories
            While working in the tech room at CHS, there are many interesting people who come in with laptop problems, which brings me to the top 10 tech stories.
10.) I was sitting in the tech room waiting for something to do, when a student came into the room. She had a beaten-up laptop in her hands, and continued to tell me that her mom had accidently run it over. The first thing that ran through my mind was how it mistakenly found itself underneath the tire of a car?
9.) Numerous people come into the room saying they have computer problems. When they turn their computer on to show me what the problem is, it ends up working. Wouldn’t you think they should have the problem up when they come in?
8.)  A student came in saying he had a big problem. I asked him what the problem was, so he pulled his computer out to show me. “I just can’t keep the screen clean and I don’t know how to clean it. Should I come in here when it gets dirty or what can I do?” I told him to use a soft cloth. He asked if he could use his shirt, and I said sure…
7.) Last year a student came in saying their internet wouldn’t work at their house, but it would work at the school. I looked at it, and it was working fine, so I asked who their internet provider was. They said they didn’t pay for internet and that her brother said she should be able to get onto the internet. I told her to go knock on the neighbor’s door and tell them that she wasn’t able to steal their Wi-Fi anymore… 
6.)  A teacher said that their students couldn’t connect to the wireless internet in their room, and that they had to walk into the hallway just for it to connect. I walked up there to test it out, and it seemed to be working fine. I asked the teacher what the deal was, and they said, “Hmm well I guess it’s working now…”
5.) A former student came into the room on a daily basis, saying his laptop wouldn’t work. Multiple screws were missing as well as a few components. We took his laptop away and said he wasn’t qualified to take his computer apart, which was why it was always broken.
4.)  A staff member came in asking if he was able to send an email from his Yahoo! account to a USD333 school email address.
3.) Numerous teachers ask why they can’t get on facebook.com or espn.com.
2.) A teacher came in and asked if I could unblock an email address for them. When I looked at the email address they had written down, it was for fantasy football…
1.) Kids come in asking if I will put Windows 7 on their laptop, or if I will just give them the wireless internet password. It doesn’t work that way.   
by Kadin Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment