Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Leyli Beim's January Post

When I was younger, my older brother picked on me relentlessly. I’m serious. It was awful. He would do things like trick me into giving him all of my Halloween candy and throw firecrackers at me on the Fourth of July. So every year, in the days leading up to Christmas, I impatiently anticipated the big day.  But not for the reason you may think. I always told myself, “This is the year. Zach’s finally going to get what he deserves. There’s NO way he was on the good list! I just know he’s going to get coal!” But every year it was the same story. I woke up Christmas morning to my brothers pulling me out of bed and running downstairs. In my mind, I was 1,000,000,000% positive that my brother would only find coal. Then, to my absolute disbelief, I saw presents with Zach’s name on them under the tree. (This year, I was once again disappointed.) Needless to say, my faith in Santa’s judgment has been seriously shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment