Thursday, February 9, 2012

Brittany Randall's February Blog

     Many of the students in this school don’t understand how weird it is to have older siblings who enjoy parading their boyfriend/girlfriend around their younger siblings. This happened to me many times, mainly because my brother didn’t understand that “Date Night” normally meant to take the girl out to dinner and a movie. Instead, my dear, idiotic, older brother thought the girl du jour would enjoy spending a few hours with him and his Xbox in his basement room. This wasn’t even the most awkward part. My brother had a type, and it was blonde, tan, and tall. Basically, everything he was, only as a female. They were always so superficial and had the most annoying laughs. Seriously, they could match the pitch of our house alarm. This was not cool, because their curfews were always at about midnight, while I was ordered to bed at about ten o’clock almost every night, AND my room was situated directly above my brother’s room. I could hear every giggle, every respawn, and every jiggle of the controller my brother used. Thankfully, by the time he was a senior in high school, his taste in women improved, as did his idea of an actual date. He doesn’t have a particular “type” for girls, but he still has his standards. Although this is all well and good, he still hasn’t learned that it can get annoying to be awakened at 1:00 am by music. There are just some things you can’t change about siblings. Especially their choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment