Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas to Remember




By Chelsea Martin

It was a beautiful, snowy morning on December 25th, 2001. I was six years old, and like any child on Christmas morning, I was more than ecstatic to open presents from Santa. Waiting for my brother and sister to wake up was probably the longest 20 minutes of my life. But alas, soon they both woke up and we headed downstairs to see what Santa had brought us.
As a six year old expecting a lot of toys, I wasn’t too impressed with what I was unwrapping. Socks, underwear, shirts, and jeans were what most of my presents contained. What six year old wants clothes?! After we finished opening all of our presents, my mom stood up an announced that there was still a present for each of us outside.
Eagerly, I jumped up and dashed outside as fast as I could in my Teletubbies night gown. As I opened the door, I noticed a brand new play-house! I was so excited to get the house of my dreams that I screeched with happiness. The house was yellow with a blue roof, a pink door, and green shutters. That whole Christmas day consisted of me having a tea party with my dolls in my lovely house, keeping my sister out as best I could. I loved my new house so much that I slept in there that night. So when I’m asked about my favorite Christmas gift, my mind wanders back to the yellow play-house with the blue roof, pink door, and green shutters that holds the joyous memories of many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment