Monday, December 3, 2012

How I Found My Christmas Present

By Janae Champlin
 
Since I was a child, I have always been inquisitive, and wanting to know anything and everything. Whether I’m looking for my mom’s candy stash or my own Christmas present, I somehow I end up finding them.
For example, one December afternoon I was walking around my house trying to find something to do. I walked into the back bedroom and started rummaging through every drawer and closet in the bedroom when I came upon a plastic object that had been covered by some washcloths. Instead of pondering what it was, I just lifted up the cloth and saw a new Leap Pad game (which for me was very exciting). Afterwards, I put everything back in its place and shut the drawer right before my mom came upstairs and asked me what I was doing. I’m sure I replied with some amazing excuse of how I lost my doll (which happened quite often).
At Christmas time, when I opened up that very present, I put on my best “I’m really excited!” face and said “It’s just what I wanted!” My parents were very happy that I was pleased. I still haven’t told them until this day that I found one of my presents… Well, they’ll certainly find out once they read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment