Wednesday, November 6, 2013

School Without Laptops- Zoe Walsh

  
I understand that the funding is not available for the laptops to be one-to-one for each student, however, let me take this time to vent about how inconvenient it is. I used to complain about having to lug around my laptop every day, but I took my laptop for granted.
  • Communication with teachers- Teachers communicate with us through emails. Whether they send us notes, reminders, or assignments they are in touch with us through a quick and easy email.  With a laptop, checking my email was an everyday ritual. Without my laptop, communicating with teachers is more of a hassle.  
  •  Notes- Notes are a huge part of most of my teachers’ lesson plans. I like to stay organized. Typing my notes is an easier faster way to stay organized. Plus we are saving paper!
Broken/Locked laptops- Too many times have I logged onto a laptop from one of the carts, and it was logged in by the previous user. It’s a pain; just log out! Also, I took very good care of my laptop while I had it, so it’s irritating to have to use a laptop that clearly someone has abused and broken. Take care of them, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment