Monday, February 8, 2016

Stupid Questions That Americans Ask Exchange Students - By Allegra Giacomelli

Stupid Questions That Americans Ask Foreign Exchange Students
By Allegra Giacomelli

Being an exchange student means traveling, learning about new cultures, seeing new places and meeting new people. When you are one of them you get a thousand questions from everyone you meet. They are are curious to know about your culture. Some well-meaning Americans think they know about your country, but It is not always so. Now it is six months that I'm here in the US, and I have to say that they asked me many questions and make many assumptions. Some of them really...well...stupid.

Here are just a few:
  1. Italy is in Spain, right?
  2. How do you say “wedgie” in Italian?
  3. What language do you speak in Italy, Spanish?
  4. I wanna go to Italy! I wanna see the Eiffel Tower!
  5. Do you have the sea in Italy?
  6. How did you get to the US? Did you drive up here?
  7. Do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving in Italy?
  8. American 1: Do you guys have this in Europe?
    American 2: She is Italian! She is not from Europe!
  9. When are you going back to Mexico?

That are many question that make me laugh a lot. And this is nothing! Here the worst of the worst:

  1. American: Where are you from?
    Me: I’m from Italy.
    American: Oh, Asia!  

No comments:

Post a Comment