Monday, February 8, 2016

Wisdom Teeth Experience - By Mallory Thompson

Wisdom Teeth Experience
By Mallory Thompson
You hear a lot before you get your wisdom teeth out. People tell you wild stories, and you watch crazy videos. But it’s not always like that. Every person reacts differently to getting their wisdom teeth out. My experience was awful, but in its own way.
My friends and I thought for sure I would be crazy when I woke up from the surgery. But I was the opposite. I don’t remember waking up, but somehow I ended up in a different room with my mom then all of a sudden in the lobby throwing up. My sister said I looked really tired and sad. The one possibly weird thing I did was when my sister tried to put her coat on me and I wouldn’t keep my arm up long enough for it to go through the coat sleeve. I lifted it up then snapped my arm back down. Of course I don’t remember this. On the ride home from Salina I was completely out of it. When we got back to Concordia, we had to stop to get my medicine and I started feeling better then. My best friend also went with me, and she watched movies with me for about three days afterwards.
People always complain about the pain too. That’s not what I felt like complaining about. I ended up realizing two days after that both of the pain medicines made me sick. Being that sick was probably the worst part. After that I just took normal pain medicine and it worked way better than the prescription.
Of course eating mashed potatoes and applesauce every day for a week isn’t actually as appealing as it sounds. Not being able to eat anything is one thing that is almost the same for everyone.

Overall the experience was terrible, but I really appreciate the people who helped me. My family and friends took care of me very well.

1 comment: