Friday, October 5, 2012

Football Season

By Amanda Lawrence


As the weather begins to cool and the leaves begin to change, I ready myself for fall and my favorite part of it. Football season. As I sit in the stands of Harold M. Clark stadium on a cool Friday night in October, I can’t help but feel anxious about the varsity football game that is about to begin. The stands are filled with shouts of anticipation and hands are raised to signify kickoff. The kicker’s hand goes down, the team begins to run, BAM, the game has begun!

When I became a freshman, football season became a large part of my life. My brother started playing football so I had to go to his games and began learning a few things about the game. I am also in the band and had to stay for all of the home football games and enjoyed knowing some of the players, which also sparked my interest. Later, my brothers began to watch football movies so even the offseason was filled with football. As I learned more about the sport and began to understand what was going on, I began looking forward to the games by my sophomore year.

My junior year was when football became my favorite part of fall as I watched the home games and listened to the away games on the radio. I enjoyed cheering with other fans, protesting bad calls, and watching intense hits, loving every moment of it. It’s now my senior year, and I have learned quite a bit about football and look forward to watching the games. I love the buzz and excitement after my favorite team wins, and I always look forward to the next game. Despite the occasional loss or injury, football season has a special place in my life and continues to be my favorite part of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment