Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Advice From a Quitter- Kirstyn Dvorak


 
After deliberating for a while over what my April blog should be, I was unable to come up with anything. I’m fresh out of book reviews, funny stories and things to complain about. Instead, I’m going to provide my readers with a bit of friendly advice, mainly directed to people trying to find somewhere to fit in. In my life I have participated in swim team, golf, softball, volleyball, basketball, cross country, track, pole vault, dance, journalism, Future City, band, choir, the musical production of Annie, Spanish club and scholars bowl. I have quit almost every one of these things. Over the years I even quit and rejoined band not once, not twice, but three times. Whenever I joined a group and realized I didn’t excel at something I decided to move on to something else. Now I’m about to start my senior year and I’m out of clubs, teams and groups to join. My point is STICK WITH SOMETHING. After seventeen years of dabbling in a little bit of everything, I have no real skill in anything. If I could go back and do it over, I would find something I like and work to get better. If you are about to start high school, pick your place and stick with it. If you are about to start something new in life, don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work out at first and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment