Thursday, April 24, 2014

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow: Part 2 -Courtney Monzon


It’s Just a See Ya Later

To sum up Leyli, Cody, and my “friendship” in one word: odd. I actually don’t even consider them my friends, because they are way more than that. The word “friend” cannot and will not ever be enough to describe Leyli and Cody to me. Our “friendship” if you will call it that, brewed up the summer before our 8th grade year and ever since we have been inseparable. Awe! We look so normal and adorable. Right? Wrong.

What I love the most about these two weirdos is that we are pretty much the same person. It’s hard not to love someone who literally thinks exactly like you. We are all very opinionated and controlling which normally turns into a mess. But we are mess, so that makes sense. We are so freaking weird:









If you haven’t been around us when we are in our “Leyli, Cody, Courtney zone”, you probably won’t understand any of this. It’s hard to explain, we lose sense of our surroundings and we go hard and pretty much exclude anyone around us (So, here’s our apology. We are truly sorry if you have ever felt left out when you are with us. We honestly can’t help it. Seriously). When we get in our mode we make up crazy weird scenarios and occasionally even do some improv when the time is right. And who am I kidding? The time is always right.

Here we are in full blast going hard:







Seriously though, how am I going to find friends next year? Okay, I’ll probably meet tons of great new people. But I know that they will never compare to these beauts. What friends honestly will let me say awful and hilarious things to them and then not even be mad about it? I just love how we can be so completely honest with each other, and it doesn’t change anything. We have gotten to the point where we call each other by our siblings’ names because we are too familiar with each other. And the main one is, who is going to be there to fart during a serious laugh session (BTW I’m talking about Cody).







Well the truth is I don’t know what I am going to do without MY Leyli and MY Cody next year and quite frankly I don’t even want to think about it. But when the summer does come to an end and we have to say goodbye – I know it’s not a real goodbye it’s just a see ya later.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment