Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Summer Dreams- Kayla Dvorak


 
While I sat in Journalism trying to think of an idea for this blog all I could think about was summer. So, I will write everything about summer that I love and can’t wait for.

·        As much as some people hate sweating or simply being hot, I would take 100 degree weather over snow every single day of the year. I’ll never understand why anybody likes the cold, but I guess somebody has to live in Canada. I love the sun and hot weather during those few short months.

·        I’m not going to say I’m lazy, but I would rather shower and throw on clothes than get dressed up and that’s exactly what everybody does during the summer. You can wear shorts, t-shirts, and shoes (or not, shoes are optional) basically everywhere you go. It’s also completely acceptable to walk around in shorts and a swimsuit. Another thing, flip flops are the most convenient footwear in the world and you can wear them everywhere.

·        The Fourth of July is the best holiday in my opinion. I mean, we’re celebrating our country’s freedom. The entire week surrounding the Fourth everyone seems so happy and light. In Concordia we all get together to shoot off fireworks and mess around at barbeques. I especially love the Fourth of July because it seems like my entire neighborhood wakes up. I never really see anybody but during that week when the whole town is out and about. Kids are running in the streets, and everyone is happy. I also have two sets of aunts and uncles that run firework stands, so we get great deals.

·        I love the pool. I’ve been in swim team since fourth grade and this year I get to work as a lifeguard. Every time I pass the pool I have some memory there. Last summer I took the four boys I babysat to the pool all the time, even though they didn’t want to go half the time. I hate the smell of sunscreen during the winter because it makes me want the sun, the swimming, the bathing suits, and just summer period.

·        Another thing I love is the freedom. My friends and I run free with no worries the whole summer. We have obligations, but obviously we can plan around that. Some days I’ll sleep in until noon and some days I get up at six and clean the entire house. You can do anything, all day, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment