Monday, April 14, 2014

Dance Life- Zoe Walsh


Inserted Image





Most athletic seasons last between three to five months. As the season proceeds, the bonds between teammates become stronger. Dance lasts about two weeks short of an entire year, and as I begin my fourth and final year as a dancer, I find myself reflecting on the past.

     We started our season during May of the previous year. We prepared for the UDA camp we were going to attend in June. At this point we were just team mates. Some of us barely knew each other, but that quickly changed. The new members were timid and extremely quiet, but that also quickly changed. (Whether that was good or bad, I don’t know.J)

     Camp was just the beginning of our year-long journey together. Through fundraising, endless morning practices, all day Saturday practices, competitions, team bonding trips and scavenger hunts we grew closer. Sisterhood is the best way to describe the bonds I have made with the current dancers, as well as dancers who have graduated.

     If you have ever had a sister, you will know how much of a blessing it is. But I am not going to sugar coat anything…sisters get on each other’s nerves. We spend hundreds of hours together throughout the year. That being said, as the year winds down, we annoy each other, me included.  It is naturally what happens when people spend a lot of time together. Yes, we might get on each other’s nerves but at the end of the day we are there for each other. That’s what makes it a sisterhood.

     The 2013-2014 year has come to an end, and the 2014-2015 year has just started.  It has been nearly three non-stop years of dance for me since my freshman year. I am excited to say that we have 13 CHS Panther Dancers for my last year. That is the largest squad I have ever been a part of. I cannot wait to create a sisterhood with these young ladies and to strengthen my friendships with the returning members.     
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment