Friday, February 13, 2015

The Perks of Being Single on Valentine's Day - Allison Redmond

The Perks of Being Single on Valentine’s Day
By: Allison Redmond

Let’s face it: February is the time of the year when those couples that are already obsessed with each other take their sickening love and magnify it about twelve times. It is also the month when people who are single and alone think they have a reason to constantly complain about their solitude. However, I would argue that Valentine’s Day is one of the best holidays on which to be single. Here are a few reasons why.

You don’t have to worry about getting anyone a present.
Don’t you simply hate it when you are shopping for that special someone and have know clue what to get them? Well, I wouldn’t actually know what that feels like, but I’m sure it’s a dilemma to avoid. I never have to dread finding a present for someone who is impossible to shop for.

You can eat all the chocolate you want without any judgment.
The best part of the Valentine’s Day season is, without a doubt, February 15th. With unlimited discounted chocolate, you basically have the freedom to go totally insane. With this freedom, some girls might be concerned about judgment from their boyfriends. Since I am single, I do not have to worry about any condemnation from a guy.

SWEATPANTS AND CHICK FLICKS.
While other girls are doing their makeup and getting all dressed up for their big date, I will be putting on my favorite pair of sweatpants, throwing my hair into a messy bun, and settling down for a nice evening full of my favorite movies. My night will consist of my a lot of food and snuggling with my dog. What more can a girl ask for?

While most may argue that a relationship is what every teenaged girl wants, I would say the opposite. So, Single Ladies, I hope that this Valentine’s Day you can embrace your freedom and enjoy some well-deserved time to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment