Wednesday, February 11, 2015

To Be or Not Be a Drummer - Connor Reynolds

http://www.drumshopusa.com/wp-content/gallery/custom-drum-kits/img_6931.jpg
To be or not to be a Drummer
By Connor Reynolds


When you are a drummer like me you learn the good, the bad, the awesome, and               the annoying things that come with it.


Pro: Rap tap tapping
I always have something to entertain myself because I can make anything an instrument since the basis of drumming is hitting stuff. Anything from a pencil to your foot to an old washing machine can be used to throw down some sort of beat.


Con: Rap tap tapping
I put down as a con also, not because I personally think it’s bad, but more for the people who have to deal with me. Most people I know get annoyed when I just start making noises, and they usually have to yell at me stop because I’m subconsciously doing it.


Pro: Not considered a band geek
Usually if you tell people you’re in band and play say a clarinet you’ll be thought of as a geek or nerd. If you tell people you’re drummer though they’ll think of you as someone cool for some weird reason.


Con: Supposedly flirty
I asked my classmates about the  disadvantages of  being a drummer and they told me we are too flirty which I don’t believe at all. To me it feels more like they are just jealous of our pure awesomeness and pizazz.


Pro: Goofing Off
The best part about being a percussionist in band is, unlike every other section, we are usually screwing around or goofing off. This only happens because we typically end up in the back of the band and learn our music fairly fast.


Con: ADHD
Being a drummer you tend to develop a sort of ADHD. I don’t know if it just enhances the amount you move or if it just makes you think about it more often. Most people who know me will notice me shaking my foot, bouncing my leg or tapping on a table.

So all in all the life of drummer never has any dull moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment