Monday, November 9, 2015

Thanksgiving Food - Bryson Johnson

Thanksgiving

By Bryson Johnson

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday besides Christmas. I love Thanksgiving 

because you are allowed to eat all you want and nobody will question you. As we 

all know the best part about Thanksgiving is the food. The other awesome thing 

about Thanksgiving is getting together with family and just hanging around the 

house. The only bad thing about Thanksgiving is doing all the cooking! We don’t 

have a big family so we don’t have to cook for too long, but the people that have 

a big family and have to cook all that food, I salute you. 

I don’t know what other families have for Thanksgiving, but we have some 

mouthwatering delicious food. For our meat we usually get a turkey or a ham and 

cook it for a couple of hours; then the meat just falls off the bone. After getting 

the meat off the bone we put the meat back in the oven and let it sit for a while. 

My mom is the best at making green bean casserole. I don’t know what is all in it 

because I have never helped make it. We also have some mashed potatoes with 

brown gravy, which is amazing. Also we have stuffing and really soft rolls with 

butter, and some Jello or some pie to add some sweets to the mix. 

My favorite of all the pies ever made is pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie with a lot 

of whipped cream and you have the best food item ever thought of. I could eat 

pumpkin pie at any time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment