Monday, October 17, 2011

Drew Has a Scare

I have a lot of memorable childhood moments. One memory that sticks out in my mind is when Drew Erkenbrack had a scare. Recess was a big deal back in elementary school. For my friends and I, our plan was always to eat lunch as fast as we could so that we would be the first ones to go outside and get a swing. There were only three swings, and everyone wanted one. One day, Drew and I were the first two people to get outside for recess. As we were sprinting to the swings, Drew suddenly stopped and took off back into the school. At the time I didn’t think anything of it, so I proceeded to get a swing. Just as I sat down, I noticed that Colton Odette was running towards me laughing hysterically. I asked him what was so funny, and he told me that Drew ran past him saying, “I think I crapped my pants!”
            About ten minutes into recess, we noticed Drew was just making his way outside. All of my friends were pointing at him and laughing. Once he got to us, we asked him, “What happened?” Drew then said, “I was so excited to get a good swing, that I thought I crapped my pants.” He had not soiled his pants after all, but my friends and I will never let him live it down.
By Blake Woellhof

No comments:

Post a Comment