Monday, October 17, 2011

Stuck in the Mud

It was a cold rainy day in Concordia. I was a first grader in Mrs. Walters’ class. We were not allowed to go outside for recess that day because the playground had turned to mud. When the bell rang and we stepped outside the rain stopped and I took off on my journey to the babysitter’s. I was walking on the black top when I saw all the kids standing around the big mud puddle on the soccer field. I walked over and asked what was going on. They told me that they were going to walk across it because the mud wasn’t very deep. I told them I would cross it too because it would make my walk shorter. They told me to go across it first and they would follow. I started across the mud and immediately started to sink. I tried to move, but I felt like I was in quicksand. I fell to my knees. I turned around to see all of the older kids staring and laughing hysterically at me. I tried my hardest to get unstuck but my boots came off, and I had to pick them up and crawl out of the mud.  As soon as I was out of the mud, I ran as fast as I could to the babysitter’s knowing that I was about to be in huge trouble!
By Trent Tholstrup

No comments:

Post a Comment