Friday, October 7, 2011

Tooth Trauma

                It was a rainy day, and I was in the first grade. Like every other day when the weather was less than amazing we had recess indoors. But instead of watching an episode of Scooby-Doo or playing board games, we went to the gym. I met up with my crew and we decided to play a game of tag. In the midst of running around and screaming our heads off, I ran into Kira Krause. She must have been extremely focused on running away from whoever was “it”, because she shoved me out of her way with impressive strength for a six-year-old girl. I face-planted it right into the hard wood floor. When I came back up, I had a weird sensation in the front of my mouth. I inhaled and felt a sharp pain resonate from my front two teeth. When one of my friends looked at me in horror and starting screaming for the teacher, I got pretty concerned.  I glanced down at the floor and saw a white speck. I picked it up, and realized it was a piece of a tooth. My tooth. My teacher came and I was rushed to the nurse’s office. My mom was called and she showed up to take me to the dentist. Unfortunately, he did a terrible job. For years after the incident my classmates constantly asked me what was up with my teeth. It annoyed me and I usually end up yelling at them. Needless to say, elementary school wasn’t my best time.

by Leyli Beims

No comments:

Post a Comment