Monday, January 28, 2013

Cold Weather vs. Hot Weather

By Leyli Beims

 
1. Summer equals sweat, and sweat equals stink. Everyone smells better in winter. Point cold.

2. In the winter, there is one thing that plagues me: dry skin. It’s like a disease. My skin starts flaking and itching like nobody’s business, and start look like some infected creature. I also find myself spending twice as much on lotion in the colder months, and I hate lotion! It’s a gross substance and takes up so much time to apply. Why, Winter, why?! A point goes to hot.

3. It’s called the “Most Wonderful Time of the Year” for a reason. Hello holidays! It’s starts getting chilly around Halloween, we get to stuff our faces in the cool month of November, and then comes the mother-load… Christmas. Plus, out of the seven people in my family, five of us have birthday in January or February. The excitement never ends! Cold for five.

4. Have you ever  tried cuddling in July? I don’t recommend it. January, however? Cuddle away, my friend! Point cold.

5. Many of us have found ourselves needing to run out to our car to grab something. No big deal, right? Wrong, if you happen to find yourself in the dead of winter. You have to pile on a sweatshirt, a heavy winter coat, sweats, boots, mittens, etc. just to walk ten feet!  Then you have to take it all off again. Who has time for that? In the middle of summer, you don’t even have to put on shoes. Hot scores.

6. One word: rain. A rainy day is my absolute favorite type of day, and they’re even better with thunder and lightning. The best rainy days occur in the spring, when it storms and storms, and then it ends and  the sunshine starts to peer through the clouds. I absolutely love rain. Point hot.

7. Let’s talk clothing. Come about May, booty shorts and skin-tight tank tops start making an appearance, and I start wanting to slap on a blindfold. I really don’t want to see everybody’s business constantly exposed for the general public, but summer doesn’t care. I HATE shorts. But if I tried to wear jeans on a hot summer night, I would die. In winter, everyone’s always covered up and comfortable. Major points go to cold weather on this one, I’d say about ten.

8. Fall and winter are way prettier than summer. Just imagine a flurry of crimson, titian, and golden leaves floating from the trees and softly settling on the ground. Picture a quiet meadow, covered in snow, gently sparkling in the sun, untouched by the world. What could possibly be more beautiful than that? Besides, sunshine and flowers are overrated. Cold shoots, it scores.

9. Regardless of whether or not you like cold weather, you have to acknowledge that in the winter you only have to deal with being cold. In the summer, not only will the heat be suffocating, but it may also be muggy. That is the worst weather in the entire world! You can’t breathe, you’re constantly drenched in sweat, you can never get your hair to look good, and you just want to curl up and die. My personal slogan: muggy days are NOT OKAY. Five points go to cold.

10. The absolute best argument for summer can be summed up in two words: NO SCHOOL. Twenty points for hot.

And the final score is: Hot Weather 23, Cold Weather 23. As you can see, there are many valid arguments that can be made for both sides. It just comes down to personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment