Monday, January 20, 2014

Confessions of a Shop-a-holic- Courtney Monzon


 
 
Confessions of a Shopaholic

By Courtney Monzon

As a high school student you could very well say that I am broke. I rarely have money, but when I do I spend it, all of it.

Retail therapy is the problem. I go on random shopping sprees and spend all the money I “saved” up. I binge shop for no reason other than to make myself feel better. In that moment that $37 shirt provides my happiness, and that is sad. The honest truth is I’ll wear that shirt three or four times, if I’m lucky. A fourth of my closet is full of clothes with the price tag still on them (which may or may not be because I wear sweatpants/yogas every day). And no, mom, this is not me saying that I am giving up shopping for good. OBVIOUSLY I’m still going to shop, I am a girl and I love clothes. But I think it is time to realize, with college only a few months away, that I need to grow up and take on my own responsibilities. College is expensive, and hey, if I stop buying so many $37 shirts, maybe I won’t be forced to a life of ramen in the near future. Let this blog serve as physical evidence of my attempt to cure my ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment