Monday, January 20, 2014

New Kid in Class- Kayla Dvorak



New Kid in Class

By Kayla Dvorak

     Though I am the “noob” in my journalism class, I already know all these people and I love them. As Mrs. Watson said, the journalism class is a sort of exclusive group of students. It just so happens that these students are my favorite kind of people. Sometimes I swear they’re on drugs, but they’re so hilarious that I don’t mind. Journalism is an exciting and useful class and I am thankful I got the opportunity to participate in it. I guess it’s just a bonus that it’s so entertaining. It seems like all the kids have known Mrs. Watson for all their lives, which makes for some interesting conversations. Honestly, my favorite thing about Journalism is my nickname. My sister, Kirstyn, is in the class, which makes me the second person in Journalism with the initials K.D., so I got the nickname K2D2. That’s pretty creative if you ask me, but hey, it was thought up by all the writers of the school after all.

     Writing has always been stressful for me since I’m not as savvy with words as my sister, but I’m hoping that with a lot of Dictionary.com use and tips from other students in Journalism I’ll get more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment