Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Basketball Game- Marcel Rimrodt




My First Basketball Game

Even though basketball is not the most popular thing in Germany I really like the sport and decided to join our CHS basketball team. I knew that I was not that good but that is probably genetic because I am not American. I just tried to understand what the coaches wanted me to do and even though I was quite clumsy at first, the others always tried to help me whenever they could.

                Then our first game came up and I still did not know all the plays of our JV team. I got to play for a few minutes though, and I was very glad that I did not cause too many fouls. I was very nervous and probably not a big help for my teammates. I did not really try to score a bucket; actually I rather tried to give the basketball to somebody else as quickly as possible.

                I would say that my first basketball game was a success for me even though we lost the game. I am one of the better players in my school in Germany but our game is nothing compared to the American way of playing basketball. When I practice with the other players I can see that I am a lot better now than I was on my first day.

I do not play much in the games, but I still enjoy being a part of the team and watching the Varsity game for free.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment