Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Divergent- Kirstyn Dvorak


Divergent

           
By Kirstyn Dvorak

Even since I was a little kid I loved to read. I always preferred reading a book to watching a movie because being able to imagine the characters gives the story so much more meaning. Some of you may be calling me a nerd right now, trying to figure why I would ever want to waste my time reading a stimulating, exciting novel.  First of all, reading never made you dumber. Second of all, let me remind you that you are reading right now. I encourage you all to read the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. This is by far the best series I have ever read, and yes, I have read The Hunger Games.

The Divergent series follows a sixteen year old girl named Tris as she is forced to make decisions about her character and who she wants to be in life. In her society, she must choose between five different factions that separately value honesty, bravery, selflessness, knowledge, and peace, and whether or not to leave her family behind to become her own person. These books also contain a love story for you Hunger Games fans, because for some reason danger, adventure, and tough personal decisions aren’t enough for you.

 This story is one that makes you question your character and makes you want to better yourself. For me, the Divergent series made me want to be braver. I have always been the person that stands on the sideline and watches my friends do fun things because I’m too big a chicken to join in. I now know that I don’t want to be that person anymore. From now on you will find me right in the middle of the action.

If all those reasons aren’t enough for you to pick up this book, the movie will be coming out in 2014 and it’s going to be BIG. If you don’t read them now, most of you will wish you had either because you want to get in on the conversation about the series like everyone else is, you want to seem intellectual by saying you read the book first, or you’re a hipster and you can’t possibly read them after everyone else already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment