Monday, November 12, 2012

High School Helpers


  
     As Thanksgiving approaches people begin asking, “What are you thankful for?” Some common answers include friends, family, and health. While I am very thankful for these things, I chose to take a less serious approach for this blog. I am truly thankful for the many things that help the common high school student endure four years.

      I am really thankful for book bags and lockers to hold everything. Imagine trying to carry everything around with you everywhere. I would rather not carry around sports bags or jackets. It would quickly become annoying, and I know I would forget things everywhere.

     Although technology really frustrates me at times, I am thankful for laptops. I am able to keep track of my papers, and it is much more organized than my book bag or folders could ever be.

      Perhaps the thing I am most thankful for is the extra-curricular and co-curricular activities offered by schools. Can you imagine how boring life would be if you came straight home after school, did homework, ate supper then went to bed? I would be bored out of my mind by the first night. I am very glad for the many sports, clubs and activities offered because I don’t know how I would ever make it without them. I am also very thankful for all of the coaches and sponsors who put so much time in these things to keep them running smoothly.

     I have noticed that the higher the grade, the less sleep you get. This makes me very thankful for energy drinks. (I promise that I have never had more than two in a single day!) I know, I know, they aren’t the healthiest things in the world but sometimes a little help isn’t so bad, right?

     As cliché as it may sound, I am very thankful for teachers. I highly respect them because they have to deal with so much but generally seem to really love their jobs. I am also thankful for teachers because without them, we wouldn’t really be able to learn much at school. I am truly thankful for the many teachers that I have had who have taught me so much.

     While some of these things may not be in my top ten list of things I’m grateful for, there is no way I would be able to make it without them. (Ok maybe I could survive without some of them, but frankly, I’d rather not even try it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment