Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful for Being Thankful

By Chelsea Martin


At this time of year, I feel especially appreciative for all that I have. My family, friends, and every other positive person in my life hold a special place in my hear t and always will. I would not be as thankful, however if it wasn’t for my parents. I feel beholden to them just because they raised me not to take people or things for granted.

I’m fortunate enough to have had the chance to be raised with a roof over my head, warm food on my plate, and a genuine, loving family to wake up to everyday. Speaking of food, it is RARELY wasted at the Martin household. We either have to eat all the food on our plate or put it in the fridge for later. Thanksgiving is my favorite time for having food because we have left-overs for about two weeks after!

I’m also very thankful to have a brother and a sister in my life. As much as we fight, I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I didn’t have someone to pester every day. I grieve for kids my age who are unable to live with their siblings, or just don’t have brothers or sisters. My brother, sister, and I are all well-disciplined, and are expected to show respect for others and ourselves. The biggest thing that I’m thankful for is my parents raising me to be thankful for all that I have.

All in all, I’m thankful  that I have much for which to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment