Thursday, November 1, 2012

What are you REALLY thankful for?

By: Janae Champlin

Ever since we were little, during the Thanksgiving season, people asked us what we were thankful for. The usual answers were family, friends, food, and the big guy upstairs. Yes, all of those are important but let’s face it…there are other things you are really thankful for.

I can list a few:

1.) Toilet Paper- okay, let’s face it; it’s a necessity.

2.) Indoor Plumbing- I don’t know about you, but I’m not all for Port-A-Potties

3.) Google- How would our homework questions be answered?!?!?!

4.) Carpet- My feet would be so cold without it.

5.) Mr. Johnson- For all of you that know him, we would all be sounding like Ke$ha if he wasn’t here.

6.) Golf Carts- I know from experience they are amazing to have during a seven hour tournament. 

7.) Computers- Mrs. Watson told me about typewriters, and I NEVER want to use one.

8.) McDonald’s- only they can put Mc on every food and make it sound cool.

9.) Pain Relievers- whether it’s Tylenol, Midol, Ibuprofen, etc. We are very thankful for it.

10.) Chairs- for when you’re lazy and want to sit down.

11.) Wireless Electronics- who wants to carry around those annoying cords?

12.) Bill Snyder- K-State football would not be the same.

13.) Bug Spray- Who ever invented that stuff, I love you.

14.) Sunscreen- Take if from a lifeguard, SPF 70 is awesome!

15.) Hand Warmers- all football players should invest in these instead of sticking their hands down their pants to keep them warm during a game.

16.) Cell Phones- even though I don’t have one, it probably works better than two cups and a string

17.) Fly Swatters- I’m not very good at catching those pests with my hands.

18.) Television- It’s for NFL, Jersey Shore, Pretty Little Liars, and any other show you watch every week.

19.) Tissues- WAY better than the sleeve of your shirt!

20.) Trashcans- The world would be such a smelly place…

21.) Heaters- when it’s cold outside I like to walk into a warm house.

22.) Eco System- I love rainy days and water so I’m very thankful for it.

23.) Facebook- The best way to keep in touch with your friends.

24.) Twitter- Where you can say about anything anytime.

25.) Sports Bras- Ladies, lets be real; we couldn’t live comfortably without them.

26.) Toothbrushes- Ewww! That’s just disturbing to think about.

27.) Windows- The world would be a dark room without windows.

28.) Spell Check- I couldn’t tell you how many words I’ve misspelled on this blog.

29.) Shoes- you would have so many blisters.

30.) Carmex- that stuff works miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment