Thursday, November 8, 2012

What I Should Have Been Thankful For

 
By Fernanda Santos
 
Three months already went by. I can hardly believe that I just got here; sometimes it feels like I just always belonged. But then again sometimes you start missing some things you never thought you would. It just made me realize how unappreciative one can be.

I miss coming home and seeing my maid, giving her a hug and bothering her to figure it out what lunch is. (Oh how I miss Brazilian food!) I miss cuddling with my sister, long walks at the beach with my dad , group activities with my school friends, peddling at the lagoon. I even miss my mom getting beyond mad at me because I slept the whole afternoon instead of cleaning my room.

We never pay attention at the small details that make us happy and maybe we should because trust me, your favorite pie did not appear magically in the fridge and your bed certainly didn’t make it itself, so this Thanksgiving be sure to remember the small things and stop complaining about the nonsense ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment